Arkansas River Valley Library
Arkansas State Library
True Grit Trail Exhibits at the Arkansas River Valley Library in Dardanelle, Arkansas
In September, 2021, the Yell County Historical Society will launch a series of free 60-day exhibits, each featuring a range of interesting and entertaining stories about True Grit such as…
• Factual details of where and when the story took place
• The story of how the present day True Grit Trail came to be
• Bass Reeves: Was he the model for The Lone Ranger?
• Criminals that faced Judge Isaac Parker
• The story of the errors in each of the True Grit movies
• Historic Fort Smith
• Trains along the True Grit trail
• Historic Dardanelle
• Firearms in the True Grit era
• Charles Portis, the author of True Grit
• Travel on the Arkansas River in the True Grit era
• Historic trains of Arkansas
• Bass Reeves: The model for Rooster Cogburn
• Butterfield Stage line along the True Grit Trail
• Glen Campbell's Arkansas
• The Trail of Tears along the True Grit Trail
• Newspapers of the True Grit Trail
• The story of Judge Isaac Parker, "The Hanging Judge"
• The book, True Grit, becomes two movies
• The filming of the 1969 True Grit movie
• The filming of the 2010 True Grit movie
• Old west books in Arkansas
• Other Charles Portis works
Exhibits will be located in the True Grit Trail Community Room at the Arkansas River Valley Library.
For further details contact the library at:
Exhibits are compliments of the Yell County Historical Society and the Arkansas River Valley Regional Library system.